Happy Blue Year
One of the most colorful—and certainly the quirkiest—shows on the Strip, the avant garde antics and rhythmic complexity of Blue Man Group have made the show a cultural phenomenon. Starring an irresistible trio of bald and blue characters, Blue Man Group shines a humorous and insightful lens on our world and our humanity through a series of vignettes filled with music played on PVC pipes and drums; audience interaction; art; and even a few Twinkies.
In honor of 2012, we offer you 12 bits of trivia about Blue Man Group:
• More than 17 million people around the world have experienced the playful party atmosphere of a Blue Man Group live event.
• 68 drums are featured in the show along with eight different types of drum sticks.
• Blue Man Group uses more than 550 feet of PVC tubing in its Las Vegas show.
• It takes a Blue Man approximately one hour to get into costume for the show.
• Blue Man Group performs around 725 shows per year.
• In a year, Blue Man Group uses more than 2,900 Twinkies.
• Nine different stringed instruments are used during a Blue Man Group performance.
• 87 1/2 gallons of Jell-O are made per week for the show.
• During a 14-show week, Blue Man Group uses, eats and throws more than 490 marshmallows.
• More than 78 gallons of mixed tempera paint are used in one week.
• In one year, Blue Man Group uses approximately 1,820 pounds of Cap’n Crunch.
• In addition to Las Vegas, Blue Man Group has shows running in New York, Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Berlin, Tokyo and on tour throughout the United States and Canada.
Blue Man Group | Through Dec. 30, 4, 7 & 10 p.m.; Dec. 31, 4 & 7 p.m.; beginning Jan. 1, nightly, 7 & 10 p.m. (dark Jan. 5) | From $59 | The Venetian | 800-258-3626
Photo by Shane O’Neal