- Voice Of Vegas—The Holiday SpiritPosted 3 days ago
- Order This! Aperitivo: An Italian RitualPosted 4 days ago
- Britney Spears Arrives In Las VegasPosted 4 days ago
- Celebrate The ShowgirlPosted 2 weeks ago
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The YearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wild Horses: NFR GuidePosted 2 weeks ago
- 99 Bottles Of BeerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Country CasualPosted 2 weeks ago
Happy Blue Year
One of the most colorful—and certainly the quirkiest—shows on the Strip, the avant garde antics and rhythmic complexity of Blue Man Group have made the show a cultural phenomenon. Starring an irresistible trio of bald and blue characters, Blue Man Group shines a humorous and insightful lens on our world and our humanity through a series of vignettes filled with music played on PVC pipes and drums; audience interaction; art; and even a few Twinkies.
In honor of 2012, we offer you 12 bits of trivia about Blue Man Group:
• More than 17 million people around the world have experienced the playful party atmosphere of a Blue Man Group live event.
• 68 drums are featured in the show along with eight different types of drum sticks.
• Blue Man Group uses more than 550 feet of PVC tubing in its Las Vegas show.
• It takes a Blue Man approximately one hour to get into costume for the show.
• Blue Man Group performs around 725 shows per year.
• In a year, Blue Man Group uses more than 2,900 Twinkies.
• Nine different stringed instruments are used during a Blue Man Group performance.
• 87 1/2 gallons of Jell-O are made per week for the show.
• During a 14-show week, Blue Man Group uses, eats and throws more than 490 marshmallows.
• More than 78 gallons of mixed tempera paint are used in one week.
• In one year, Blue Man Group uses approximately 1,820 pounds of Cap’n Crunch.
• In addition to Las Vegas, Blue Man Group has shows running in New York, Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Berlin, Tokyo and on tour throughout the United States and Canada.
Blue Man Group | Through Dec. 30, 4, 7 & 10 p.m.; Dec. 31, 4 & 7 p.m.; beginning Jan. 1, nightly, 7 & 10 p.m. (dark Jan. 5) | From $59 | The Venetian | 800-258-3626
Photo by Shane O’Neal