- An Air Of RomancePosted 2 days ago
- Voice of Vegas—Top Chefs ReunitePosted 3 days ago
- Late Night Strip TeasePosted 6 days ago
- A Factory Of LaughsPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Summer Of Rock—ENTER TO WIN TICKETS!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Celebrate Beauty and StrengthPosted 2 weeks ago
- It’s A Food RevoluciónPosted 2 weeks ago
- Backstage with Human NaturePosted 2 weeks ago
Raise Your Glass
Chef José Andres invites guests to take part in a Tequila & Mezcal Festival inside China Poblano at The Cosmopolitan, March 12-25. The celebration features informal and complimentary tastings as well as intimate dinners with Tequila and Mezcal tastings.
The Food: Guests of China Poblano can enjoy special bar antojitos, such as alas de pollo con salsa naranja—chicken wings in orange sauce, olives, spices and chile pequin—while sipping Tequila or Mezcal. Additionally, Chef Shirley Chung has crafted a special menu highlighting the flavors of Oaxaca and Jalisco in Mexico. Items include Jalisco dishes pozole de camarón—shrimp and hominy soup with Hawaiian blue prawns, guajillo and ancho chiles—and a chorizo-stuffed pork lin with a mole of almonds, chiles, tomatoes, plantains and pineapple, known as lomo de cerdo relleno con chorizo en mole manchamanteles. Oaxacan favorites include tortitas de patas de puerco—crispy pork trotters served with a salsa of tomatillos, avocado, Serrano peppers and cilantro.
The Drinks: In honor of the Tequila & Mezcal Festival, the beverage artists at China Poblano have created specialty cocktails featuring the spirits. Among the choices are the Oaxacan Swizzle, made with Del Maguey Mezcal “Vida” ruby port, fresh pressed apples, lime, ginger and house made orange bitters; and the El Pescador, made with Casa Noble Tequila three ways, fresh grapefruit juice, curaçao, maraschino liqueur, honey and velvet falernum.
• March 12-18, commemorating the distinctive flavors of Mezcal
• March 14, special guest Ron Cooper of Del Maguey, public tasting 5-7 p.m.; reserved dinner, 7:30 p.m., $100 per person
• March 19-25, focusing on Tequila
• March 23, special guest Jose “Pepe” Hermosillo of Casa Noble, public tasting 5-7 p.m.; reserved dinner, 7:30 p.m., $100 per person
China Poblano | The Cosmopolitan | 702-698-7900